Hi. My name is Brian Fernalld.
-I’m a front end engineer from Miami, Florida. I have been coding and building my ideas from scratch for over 10 years.
-I am a lifelong student. I live to learn, and strongly believe in building my soft skills at every opportunity.
-Programming is one behavior that has never left me since I was 8-9. I would spend hours slaving over a hot BASIC program while reading my dad’s programming books. Even into my teens I’d look for a GOTO command in any new language I encountered.
-At the ripe age of 13, I typed my first line of HTML markup into an eBay auction to make my ad look perdy. It lead to a large retail operation.
-Ever since, I’ve treated programming as a tool to a greater end. To use a poor analogy, it’s not the act of painting, or even the painting, but the meaning and legacy of the painting that counts for anything.
-My degree is in electrical computer engineering, but ever since I can remember I’ve been curious of anything that I didn’t fully understand. Which is a lot.
-In addition to the websites listed in my portfolio, I have worked on dozens of unlisted projects over the years. They include an IT certification preparation services website, various forums, and lots of projects that never amounted to much. C’est la vie.
- Male, five foot eleven;
- Childhood fears: Teddy Ruxpin and Cookie Monster;
- Things I’ve ridden, hung off, or jumped from: dirt bike, mountain bike, cliff, hang glider, para glider, speed boat, airplane;
- B.S. in Electrical Computer Engineering @ The Ohio State University. Minor in business management;
- Recipient of the OSU Distinction Full Scholarship and the Trustees and Trustees Plus scholarships;
- Google Certified Partner in Advanced Search Advertising;
Stuff I know well:
- SEO techniques,web marketing, and online advertising;
- SASS/SCSS preprocessor;
Stuff I know slightly less:
- Object oriented programming with PHP and MySQL;
Stuff I’ve had significant exposure to:
- Ruby on Rails;
Tools of the trade:
- Sublime Text 2, Eclipse (PyDev), Aptana;
- Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver;
- Visual Studio;